Welcome to the #1 Civic Si Forum and Civic Si community dedicated to Civic Si owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Civic Si Forum today!

Interior lights upgraded

City
liverpool
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
12 Honda Civic Si
I have a 2017 Civic Type R and replaced the map lights, dome light, and rear hatch light with AUXITO 194 LED bulbs and they produce a nice, white light. My interior was pathetically lit by six 194 bulbs, the halogens were super dim and did almost nothing. Installation can be a bit tricky in some of the smaller spots they like to put these bulbs. The boards on the base of these can be a little thicker than the wedge on a glass bulb but they actually provided a little plastic tool that can be used to open up the socket a little and make them fit perfectly. These are pretty much a dead on match for size and pack a lot of light into a small package.

The pictures I have attached are of the original hatch light and this AUXITO 194 LED light. Pictures were taken in manual mode with identical settings and white balance set to 6500k for both pictures.
1678501663182.png
1678501683205.png

City
Fort Morgan
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 Honda Type R
Hmmm alot of work for "true WHITE light" --- thanks for info that a bulb tool maybe helpful and some places are tricky
I have pondered to buy a RED (most likely) or BLUE interior light pkg from Ebay - pondered on the DIFFICULTY of doing so
also - i have pondered a BLUE exterior light kit run under perimeter of car (perhaps inside wheel wells too)